The management of G English Electronics Ltd (hereafter referred to as GELEC) recognises that its operations could result in the generation of waste, consumption of natural resource as well as generation of emissions to air and water and therefore realise the importance of environmental protection. Gelec is therefore committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to its industry and activities. It is GELEC’s objective to cooperate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is GELEC’s declared policy to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through the implementation of the following:
- Assess and regularly re-assess the environmental effects of the Organisations activities.
- Assess and regularly re-assess the Organisations environmental objectives and targets.
- To provide training for employees in environmental issues.
- To minimise the production of waste.
- To minimise material wastage.
- To minimise energy wastage.
- To promote the use of recyclable, sustainable and renewable materials.
- To manage the disposal of waste materials.
- To reduce and/or limit the production of pollutants to water, land and air.
- To minimise the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Organisation.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers, sub-contractors and is available to the public.
The scope of certification for GELEC is ‘The import and distribution of electronic components, bespoke plastic, rubber and metal components and assemblies and the production of product models’.
In drafting and reviewing the Environmental Policy, all personnel involved ensure that it:
- Is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of its activities.
- Includes a commitment to continual improvement and the prevention of pollution.
- Includes a commitment to comply with the relevant environmental legislation and regulations, and with the other requirements to which the Organisation subscribes.
- Provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets.
- Is documented, implemented and maintained and communicated to all employees.
- Is available to the public on request.
GELEC aims to ensure that care for the environment shall be applied to every aspect of their activity and shall be the responsibility of everyone, in every activity, throughout the company.